Although I didn't have the money to have a real celebratory-type of giveaway this week, I'm still celebrating the fact that I've been doing this for a whole year. It's been rough for me over the years to stay focused on any one thing due to my A.D.D., and when I tack on my chronic migraines and chronic fatigue problems, it makes this one-year marker a huge occasion for me!
However, I don't believe in stopping when you get to a goal, I believe it's just a reason to step up your game and set the bar higher for the next goal! I also think that putting your goals up online (whether it's on Facebook to your friends or announcing it to the entire world like I am right now) really makes you try a bit harder. So here is a short list of my goals, in no particular order, that I would like to accomplish by my 2nd year blogging anniversary!
- Lose 40 pounds. I'm at 197 right now, and it's been so difficult to get rid of the baby weight this time around. I'm already eating right, I just need to start exercising more!
- Take my kids someplace fun at least once a week! It's hard to find time to do everything that I want to get done in a day, but I realized recently that if I have to cut something, I don't want it to be the time that I spend with my kids. I want them to grow up learning about the world around them, and if I'm going to make that happen, they need to be spending less time indoors, and more time at places like the park and beach.
- Write up at least 2 blog posts a day. Now I know that this one is going to be a bit tricky simply because I do suffer quite frequently from migraines and I'm also so fatigued some days that I can't even get out of bed. I'm also determined to take off from blogging on the weekends so that I can spend some time with my family. So really, this is more like a 'write up at least 2 posts on any day that I can get out of bed on a weekday' goal. I have been guilty during the past few months of not posting as much as I could or as often as I should, and pushing things off for 'another day'. It's mostly because I feel like I'm missing out on so much life while I'm out of it that I get the craving to catch up on me-time, but it's also due to bad time-management. I'm going to try and kick that once and for all.
- Find out what the cause of my constant fatigue is! I'm getting really tired (no pun intended!) of never being able to do anything because I'm too exhausted to get up. I finally found an awesome doctor that is giving me a referral to a neurologist for a sleep study, so maybe this will be the year I stop feeling like half a person!
- Wake up at 8 every day, stop working by 5pm every day, and go to bed before midnight (unless it's a special occasion). I have a really hard time getting into a set sleep schedule because of my constant need to nap. I know it will be hard to stay awake all day, but I'm hoping that if I start sticking to a sleep plan that it will be easier to go all day without falling asleep.
- Spend more time with my husband. Oddly enough, my husband and I spend a lot of time near each other, but not a lot of time with each other. I was faced with the harsh thought a couple of weeks ago that if I lost him I would have a ton of regret about all the stuff we never did. So this year, I'm going to really push for quality time: making meals together, taking walks together, family movies, the whole kit-and-caboodle.
So there we have it. My goals for the year. Hopefully they will be ones that I can keep and not ones that get forgotten in just a few weeks' time. You as my readers will have to give me a poke now and again if you see I've failed on the frequent blogging, and as for the rest, I'm sure that only time will tell! How about your family? Did any of you make interesting New Year's resolutions?
From my family to yours, have a fantastic 2014!!!