In a society where things are becoming constantly 'easier' thanks to advances in technology, it can be difficult to get the proper amount of exercise. Combine that with the fact that so many foods that are ready-to-eat have a low nutrient level and you might be looking at heart issues somewhere down the line.
My family and I have been really focusing the past few years about getting ourselves healthier. I'm at risk for high cholesterol and heart disease (thanks to my genetics) so it is especially important to me to take good care of myself.
Getting in-shape can be a chore, which is why I find it is better to take proactive steps everyday towards maintaining health that don't interfere with my daily routine. Here are a few ways that my family focuses on promoting our heart health & overall well-being:
- We eat beets. Believe it or not, beets pack quite a wallop when it comes to heart health. They have a high level of nutrients that work to reduce inflammatory compounds in the arteries and thereby lower your risk of heart disease!
- We walk after every meal. The American Heart Association has found that there is no difference between a moderate walk and vigorous run when it comes to heart health! Even walking for a few minutes a day can help to improve your overall heart wellness.
- We get our lycopene. Soups, sandwiches, salads, juices - if we can add tomatoes to them, we do. Lycopene has long been thought to improve blood vessel function in addition to the already amazing antioxidant boost it provides.
- Water, water, water. This is critical. Staying hydrated will allow your heart to pump blood much easier, not to mention help to rid your body of waste and toxins. Dehydration can be deadly, so make sure that you're drinking enough water each day!
- We cook nutrient-rich meals. Don't have an idea for any meals that are heart-healthy? Check out some of my favorites below; then, click HERE to snag some great coupons & offers from Campbell's so you can get to cookin' and save money in the process!
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
Pizza Primavera with Cauliflower Crust
Creamy Turkey & Vegetable Lasagna
Broccoli Cheddar Rice
Creamy Chicken & Vegetables over Spaghetti Squash
Get even more out of this campaign by heading over to AddressYourHeart.com to snag additional tips, recipes, and coupons!