Are you itching to get away for a few days? It can be tempting to yank the kids out of school and head out for a quick vacay during the spring, especially if you just went through a rough winter.
Instead, check out some of these stay-cation ideas that will keep you from spending your summer-fun budget on a quick getaway!
- Take the family to a nearby beach for the day. It doesn't have to be the ocean-beach! Large lakes have beaches too, and they can be just as relaxing and fun as packing off to the shore.
- Find a festival to go to and stay for the weekend. You probably know all about your local festivals, but what about the festivals just a county or two away from you? To make the most out of your festival weekend, stay the night in a nearby motel. Not driving home will make the getaway seem longer than it really is.
- Head to an indoor waterpark. If you've never been to an indoor waterpark, you are missing out! You don't have to rent a room in most cases to take advantage of the fun to be had, and day-long entry is usually a steal. Indoor waterparks aren't just for the kids though - many of them now offer adult-only areas with swim-up bars, hot-tubs, and spa services.
- Become a tourist in your home-town. Go anywhere in the country and ask someone what sort of tourist destinations are in their area. Chances are, they won't have any idea! People just don't think of their home-towns as being a vacation spot, even when they live in prime tourist areas. How do you find out what's been hiding under your nose? Check out the slew of pamphlets in the lobby of the local hotel or motel. Not only will you be amazed at all the interesting places just a short drive away, but you'll probably snag some great coupon deals to go with it!
- Go camping. This probably seems like a tall order for people who have never camped before, but it is really a lot easier than you think! If pitching a tent and starting a fire just isn't your thing, consider renting a cabin for the day. Many parks rent cabins for a small fee and most come equipped with items that will make your experience go smoothly.
- Find an activity through Groupon or LivingSocial. Sometimes it's just nice to have someone else do the thinking for you. What better way to find a fun activity that everyone can enjoy than to scroll through a list of pre-arranged activity deals? I like using sites like these to find my fun because they usually have activities on there that I never would have thought of on my own - plus you can snag a great price!
What are some of your favorite ways to spend spring-time with your family? Do you stay-cation, or do you save your money up for one big vacation fling? Chat with me in the comments below!
♥ Like these ideas? Send me some blog-love by becoming a follower via any of my social medias! ♥
Disclosure: I received no compensation for this post and, as always, my opinions are purely my own.
(The $500 Spring Fever Cash Giveaway that was associated with this post has expired; please check out our giveaways tab for a list of available contests! Please take a look at our Winners List or contact the good people over at GiveawayPromote.com if you have questions about the results of this giveaway.)