My thanks goes out to the manufacturer for providing this product free-of-charge and to Trekaroo (one of my favorite travel sites) for choosing me as the lucky member that got to do the review!
It's been a super tough month here. Between frequent trips to the doctor, trying to keep tabs on three different blogs, making sure my kids get to all their play-dates, and dealing with our internet frequently going down - I've all been a mess.
One of the things that has kept me stable though, is the nearby park that my husband works at.
On days when the internet is down at our house, I can count on being able to access the public Wi-Fi there. I can work my husband's schedule around the kids' play-dates so that we spend the whole day there instead of running back and forth. Even when I have to head in to the doctor's office, the park works out as a great way to catch a quick lunch with my family before or after my appointments.
The biggest problem with all of this has been the fact that my daughter (who is now a one-year-old) has not yet learned that mommy needs her to stay nearby. What she has learned is how to wriggle free of her stroller and climb down the sides - which is definitely the last thing I need when I'm trying to write a piece up for a deadline or research something for an upcoming topic.
I started out using the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light by simply taking it with us on these daily trips to the park and it was a huge help for me! Not only did my daughter love it, but it was so easy to set-up and take-down that it made me want to use it more often. And I do! I use it at the park, at the beach, on day-trips for an instant-nap-space... I even use it at-home to keep my daughter with me outside while I garden!
- My daughter loves the crib, which I suspect is due to how soft and cushion-y the mattress is!
- Easy to set-up and take-down - I did both in less than a minute & a half in the video below.
- Light to carry - even with my frequent fatigue problems, I had no trouble carrying this weight.
- Specially-fitted sheets are made out of soft, organic material - great for my sensitive-skin baby!
- Subdued colors allow the travel crib to blend into any environment instead of being an eyesore.
- Cleans easily - my baby got muddy footprints on the inside and I easily wiped them off with a little baking soda & water!
- You need a little bit of arm-strength to take the crib down. Not much, but for someone like me who is dealing with constant fatigue issues, I can feel it. If you have weak arm-muscles, this might be a minor issue.
- It doesn't fit into a stroller bin. I found this to be the biggest con while using the product. I can't fit it into the carry-space at the bottom of my stroller, and as you can see from the picture, it's quite a bit wider than the average stroller is. It was difficult to carry the product and push the stroller at the same time. Granted, this wasn't the every-day occurrence, but whenever I had to do it I felt like I was doing a juggling routine!
- The price may be an issue for some, but a quick perusal through Google Shopping will reveal that most travel cribs fall close into the the $200+ price range. The truth is, regardless of what brand name you are looking at, you're going to have to shell out a little bit of cash for this type of item.
Overall:If you're frequently on-the-go and need a quick place for your child to sleep or just want the assurance of knowing your baby is playing safely by your side - this crib is a must-have. I love being able to set-up or take-down within seconds, and I'm able to do a lot more (like garden) that I wasn't able to do before receiving this travel crib. Make sure to check out the video below to see how easy-to-use the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light really is!
And don't forget to check out Trekaroo.com for the latest and greatest travel tips for families. Whether your kids are big or small, this site is made especially for moms & dads (or anyone traveling with children!) and can make your trips a lot easier.
Do you frequently travel with children?
What do you do when you are stuck somewhere with a napping baby & no crib?!
Share with me in the comments section, I love talking with my readers!
Disclosure: This complimentary product was received from the manufacturer to be reviewed by Trekaroo. I received no other compensation, and was not required to express any particular point of view.