Ready for fun this summer?
Create your own summer-kit & keep it stocked so you'll be ready to go at a moment's notice!
- Sunscreen - Summer means warm weather and beautiful sunshine, but make no mistake, those sunny rays can be harmful to your skin (and especially the skin of your little ones!) Always make sure you keep a tube packed so you can apply it as needed.
- Bug Spray - Bugs aren't the best part of summer, and they can make a walk through the park feel like a walk in the swamp in just a couple of minutes! I like to use the spray-on kind because it's quick & easy.
- Water Bottles - Whether you use regular bottled water or reusable water bottles, make sure you keep your backpack stocked! It's easy to get dehydrated while you're having fun, especially if you're out-of-doors where there isn't always access to water fountains.
- Protein Bars - These handy little snacks are not only shelf-stable, they're full of energizing protein! GoMacro recently sent us some for free to try out, and they are definitely a favorite! I haven't been a big fan of protein bars in the past due to the taste, but these non-GMO, organic ones are so delicious that my kids think they're candy bars! (Which isn't a surprise since some of the flavors even sound candylicious - like Cashew Caramel or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip!) As a bonus, everyone can enjoy them because they're kosher, gluten-free, and vegan certified.
- Scroll down to find an awesome 40% off discount code on these yummy bars!
- Baby Wipes - Keep a few of these handy in a travel pack or plastic baggie so that when snack-time rolls around you can have everyone wipe their hands off before eating!
The Fun Stuff:
- Notebook - Older kids might like to journal what they've seen while in the woods or at the beach. Younger kids will love to use the notebook for pressing flowers they find, or tracing the outlines of shells & leaves.
- Paper, Pens, Crayons - Use these materials as an impromptu drawing kit, or use them to make crayon rubbings of rough surfaces like bark or rock.
- Magnifying Glass - You never know when you're going to find a snail, crab, worm, or other small creature! Kids have a blast using magnifying glasses to see the tiny details that would otherwise escape the naked eye.
- Jar with Holes - Have you ever happened upon a critter that would make the perfect temporary or terrarium pet? My brothers & I always kept an old peanut butter jar on us so we could find caterpillars and watch them turn into butterflies at home. Just make sure you release back any living creatures that you're unable to care for!
- Bandaids & Ointment - Although we all hope it doesn't happen, sometimes accidents are unavoidable! Make sure you're ready to be the hero with a mini first aid kit of bandaids & antiseptic ointment.
Ready to get going?
Create a fun summer kit with your kids today & you'll be prepared to head out the door anytime!
Want to know more about GoMacro Macrobars? You can check out their website at www.gomacro.com, or look them up in social media on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram!
Want an awesome discount!?
You can get 40% off your first order from GoMacro! Use the code BLOGGER at checkout when you place an order here: www.gomacro.com/shop - with 11 awesome Macrobar flavors and doorstep delivery, everyone can find something to love about GoMacro!
Do you have some cool plans for the summer? What are your favorite take-along snacks?
Chat with me in the comments below, I love hearing from my readers!